Friday, January 12, 2007

Things Are Kinda Slow



Leave has been relatively uneventful. Yesterday we went to a spa and went in the onsen (Japanese hot tub) and had a massage. It was very nice. Since the beginning of the holidays we've built three puzzles. Actually I built two and the family built a Disney puzzle on Christmas day. The one I finished today is of animals. I gave it to Whitney for her birthday last year, but this was the first time that someone attempted it. The rest of the family looked at me building it and kept moving. This puzzle was difficult because all of the pieces were cut to different sizes and the rows swirled and did not have a perceptible pattern.....I wonder how they got the animals to pose for the painting.



I also built a traditional family puzzle. It is a wooden puzzle that we had in my family as a kid. Part of the charm is that there isn't a picture of the puzzle in or on the box. I took a picture of it when I was done; so, I'll be able to print out a picture of the completed puzzle to assist the next builder.


The puzzle that the family built on Christmas Day was a Disney puzzle. We bought it for the purpose of having a family puzzle to build around the Holiday. It has a ton of Disney characters in it and the whole family enjoyed it since you could pick up any piece and identify part of a Disney character. It took a day to put together. I think we will keep the tradition of having puzzles on hand in December.

No comments: