Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Great Day for Golf


Was able to play golf at Ocean Palace Golf Course down in Nagasaki today. A fantastic track. I woke up and it was raining. I wasn't very optimistic that it was going to be a great golf day, but I was committed to getting in some golf regardless of the conditions. I was driving my daughter to babysit, and she asked me if I was going golfing. Since it was raining, I responded "I was supposed to." She said, "too bad." It didn't look good. The rain continued to fall as we made the drive down to the course.
The most striking feature of the course is how much money it must have cost to build it. I think it was built in the 80s when there was a golf course construction bubble in Japan, and memberships were exorbitant. It has the longest golf cart long suspension bridge that I have ever seen (pictured in the photo), and there are huge stone walls around the island to contain the four holes that are out there. I played with Mike Little and two of his friends from. I was pleased with the 81 that I shot. After the round of golf we took a soak in the spa in the club house. Although the round cost over $15K Yen, it was worth every penny. The sun came out at the end of the round, and the 50 degree temperature made the round very enjoyable. Hopefully, I'll be able to play again this week.

No comments: